Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After several hibernations, when resuming, the system freezes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] After several hibernations, when resuming, the system freezes.

I recently installed kubuntu 24.04.01 after seeing that in this version, I can now enable hibernation and suspend-then-hibernate (by the way, I should update the thread where I posted it...)

I have the power configured so that, after 10 minutes of inactivity, it turns off monitors, after 20 minutes of inactivity, it suspends, and after 20+ minutes of inactivity, it hibernates (suspend-then-hibernate).

When it resumes from hibernation, it's fine, except for a few times. There's no rule or pattern, I can resume from hibernation 4 to 8 times a day, and it happens to me every 1, 2 or 3 days, there's no pattern.
    In those first hibernation restarts, everything is fine, but then there comes one... everything is visible, sometimes I have to do a single click (I'm not sure) on whatever, but... it freezes, everything freezes, only the mouse moves, the mouse moves.
    The caps lock does turn on and off the LED (it doesn't show the status icon) as does the num lock.
    It has happened to me with the two kernels that have been installed since I installed kubuntu 24.04.01.

Please note that this same thing does not happen in 22.04.04 (I have the last image saved in clonezilla and I can go back to it)

I only have the hard reset option, and that is not good at all.

I have 16gb ram and 16gb swap partition.

Can you think of anything? If this continues, I will have no choice but to go back to 22.04.04 because I have no idea what could happen...

AMD graphics card with nothing proprietary, obviously.

I hope I have explained myself well.

Excuse my poor English.​

Hello.
    I continue to have the problem and I don't know where the problem comes from or how to solve it.

I hibernate the computer, I restart, fine, after doing this operation x times (x is a variable number, but minimum 10) when I restart, everything is frozen.
    Yes, I have seen sometimes that the mouse moves in the browser tab and it has stayed, but everything that is the bottom bar or if I change to another site, then everything is frozen.
    The clock is in the hibernated time.
    But... if I don't do anything, the screen turns off after 10 minutes (that's how I have it configured in power options) I have left it longer to see if it hibernates, maybe it doesn't happen.

Any ideas?

I only have to hard reset and... I don't like it very much.

PS: I'm not sure, I think it's if I have FF open, but I still have to confirm this information.​

Comment

Working...
    X