Plymouth not displaying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MULTI BOOT] Plymouth not displaying

Hello! I am using refind boot manager, secure boot on. Plymouth is working fine in Arch. Kubuntu does fully boot, but it does not respect quiet or splash options. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly, but have not experienced this with refind before. I am framiliar with the operation on plymouth. When checking my journalctrl -b, i come up with these lines some pages down.

Jul 22 12:36:35 systemd[1]: plymouth-start.service - Show Plymouth Boot Screen was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionKernelCommandLine=splash).
    Jul 22 12:36:35 systemd[1]: Started systemd-ask-password-console.path - Dispatch Password Requests to Console Directory Watch.
    Jul 22 12:36:35 systemd[1]: systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path - Forward Password Requests to Plymouth Directory Watch was skipped because of an unmet condition check (ConditionPathExists=/run/plymouth/pid).

​So it looks like the splash option is not being passed to the kernel, though, reFIND is autodecting it fine. If i hit F2 on the option to boot kubuntu and add in quiet splash, it does work, however since it autodetects my installations, it does not save this option. When using Arch Linux, this does not happen, and plymouth is displayed as usual, though it has been autodetected just the same.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Oderus; Jul 23, 2024, 09:50 AM. Reason: Spelling

Originally posted by Oderus View Post
    Code:
    [CODE]unmet condition check (ConditionKernelCommandLine=splash).
    [/CODE]
    Originally posted by Oderus View Post
    If i hit F2 on the option to boot kubuntu and add in quiet splash, it does work
    So you need to add this to refind's boot settings for Kubuntu, or find out why it isn't autodetecting this. Is Arch using grub still, or systemd-boot (just being curious on this)?

Comment

Working...
    X