Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatpak does not keep the settings

Hi guys

In a clean installation of Kubuntu 24.04, after installing FLATPAK support and give all kinds of FLATPAK permission, several flatpaks (Qbitorrent, Clementine and others) present the behavior of returning default configurations when they are opened again, as if they are finished being installed. I've tried to give permission of all kinds, I made a new installation, opened some bug signals in Github but no one can say what is happening and how to solve.

Does any enlightened give me a way?

Originally posted by Flokos View Post
    after installing FLATPAK support and give all kinds of FLATPAK permission,
    Probably related. What permissions?
    Why give 'all kinds of permissions'? Just give enough to what is needed, if necessary.

Originally posted by Flokos View Post
    present the behavior of returning default configurations when they are opened again, as if they are finished being installed.
    This sounds like a classic case of messed up file ownership on those configs, or the directories that they are in.
    Flatpaks keep local user configs in ~/. var/app​/<appname>/config.
    Might check what the ownership of these dirs and files are.

Comment

The problem started in a clean installation of Kubuntu, without any change made by me.

In desperation, and after some people talk about the permission of the ".Var" folder, I gave reading and writing permission to all. Even so, it continues without maintaining the configuration modifications.​

Arquivo: /home/bruno/.var/
      Tamanho: 4096 Blocos: 8 bloco de E/S: 4096 diretório
      Dispositivo: 259,2 Inode: 25169166 Ligações: 3
      Acesso: (0777/drwxrwxrwx) Uid: ( 1000/ bruno) Gid: ( 1000/ bruno)
      Acesso: 2024-07-13 14:19:56.838670776 -0300
      Modificação: 2024-07-13 13:22:05.059572358 -0300
      Alteração: 2024-07-13 14:19:56.788670049 -0300
      Criação: 2024-07-13 13:22:05.059572358 -0300​

Strange thing: I installed the version .Deb together with the FlatPak version and the two began to present the same behavior! Only after I remove the FLATPAK version did the .Deb version return to function as expected. That's weird!? I didn't know that both architectures could share something in common!

Comment

Thanks to colleagues on other forums, I managed to solve my problem. I don't understand much about the technicalities of the thing but it's working as expected now.

in short, for a beginner like me, I installed:
        sudo apt install apparmor-utils

them:
        sudo aa-disable /usr/bin/bwrap

Source: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...r/+bug/2072811

Comment

Good find!
          Do remember to make sure to revert that if the fix doesn't restore the setting, one it is released publicly. The workaround is a bit of a hammer to swat a fly sort of thing, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Good find!
            Do remember to make sure to revert that if the fix doesn't restore the setting, one it is released publicly. The workaround is a bit of a hammer to swat a fly sort of thing, I think.
            Could you tell me the command to revert the change described? I tried "sudo aa-enable /usr/bin/bwrap" but it returned error

Comment

It is probably aa-enforce

Comment

sudo aa-enforce /usr/bin/bwrap return a error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/aa-enforce", line 33, in <module>
                tool.cmd_enforce()
                File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apparmor/tools.py", line 134, in cmd_enforce
                for (program, prof_filename, output_name) in self.get_next_for_modechange():
                File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/apparmor/tools.py", line 97, in get_next_for_modechange
                aaui.UI_Info(_('Profile for %s not found, skipping') % output_name)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

An unexpected error occurred!

For details, see /tmp/apparmor-bugreport-j1uym2qs.txt
                Please consider reporting a bug at https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/-/issues
                and attach this file.

Comment

Working...
                X