No announcement yet.

[RESOLVED] Black screen after first start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Kubuntu developers just drop this OS and are doing something entirely different?
    If not, then why aren't they prioritizing fixing this bug right now?

Comment

Have you reported this bug?

Are you sure it is as widespread as you think it is? it probably isn't, plus the lack of bug reports.

Are you paying the mostly volunteer Ubuntu developers to find and fix things that may not be getting reported?

Are you sure that people aren't actually looking into it already?

fwiw, don't forget Kubuntu = Ubuntu. Kubuntu builds Plasma for Ubuntu, and whatever issue you have might not even be related to Plasma. And if it is, it may be the Plasma developers (more volunteers) who are working on discovering what may be causing things, which may be hard with many different video cards, some with half a dozen different driver choices (not joking) and dozens of differing card variants from different manufacturers.

yes, it stinks. Sometimes you have to tinker, experiment with clean, fresh user accounts, find out if anyone has come across any kernel/grub parameters that may have worked for others with your same hardware experiencing the same issue.

Me, I don't have this bug on any of my systems whatsoever
      I'd personally prefer that kio-gdrive and kdeconnect have bugs fixed , but that is just me, and are bugs that affect most *everyone*

Comment

Working...
      X