Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After upgrade to 24.04 monitors and external keyboard stopped working during boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After upgrade to 24.04 monitors and external keyboard stopped working during boot

Hello! I started having strange issues after an upgrade to Kubuntu 24.04 (from 23.10). I use a laptop connected to a docking station. To which are connected two monitors and wireless keyboard. I also have encrypted disk and on boot the password prompt is shown. On my 23.10 installation everything worked fine. But after upgrade, monitors stopped launching on boot (when password prompt is displayed). It was still being displayed on laptop screen. So I could have type password using my wireless keyboard with screens turned off and then system booted, monitors turned on, and system was working fine. But... after some further upgrades/restarts keyboard stopped working same way as monitors. I can still see password prompt on laptop screen and type on laptop keyboard. After typing password on laptop keyboard system boots and keyboard and one monitor start to work (second one is not turning on and I need to plug it out and in again to be detected and start working).
    Do anyone have any idea where to look for the problem and how to fix it?
    I would much appreciate any help.​
    Last edited by dzert127; Aug 07, 2024, 03:05 AM.
Working...
X