Display settings/resolution changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Display settings/resolution changing

So, I did a fresh install of Kubuntu 24.04 on an external ssd enclosure. It works great other than one thing. About 75% of the time when I log into the desktop my desktop or after using it for a while, or after letting the screen go to sleep because I stepped away, the background/wallpaper shrinks from being full screen to being like a little 4 inch square. My panels are still in the right position and right size. If I open a program it's still the correct size and position but if I right click anywhere outside of the 4 inch box it doesn't register and bring up my context menu. I have to right click in the sqaure box (on my background picture) to get the context menu to come up. To solve the issue, I have to go to display settings, change the resolution to something different, click apply, then just click on revert and it's fixed again. Just an annoying problem to have. Any ideas would be much appreciated. And sorry, I wasn't sure what Prefix I should put this under. This is a screenshot of what happens. I'd show a screen shot of the change after the fix, but it says the file size is to big when I try to add the other screen shot. Notice how little the background pic is though

Operating System: Kubuntu 24.04
    KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.11
    KDE Frameworks Version: 5.115.0
    Qt Version: 5.15.13
    Kernel Version: 6.8.0-41-generic (64-bit)
    Graphics Platform: X11
    Processors: 12 × Intel® Core™ i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz
    Memory: 31.2 GiB of RAM
    Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 630
    Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    Product Name: ASUS ExpertCenter D700SA_D700SA
    System Version: 1.0​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; Oct 14, 2024, 07:45 AM.
Working...
X