No announcement yet.

Cannot rearrange icons in task bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, what I said early on is that I'm confused by what I'm seeing... widgets or icons. So far the only way I can tell the difference is by looking at the menu that appears when I right-click on an icon (the visible element).

And how does a widget get placed in the panel? That's what I referenced when I said I couldn't figure out what I was doing (or did) that resulted in a widget appearing. I know that an icon appears in the Task Manager when I start an application. Thereafter, while it's running, I right-click on it and select "Pin to Task Manager." I cannot recall doing anything to place a widget in the panel.

Comment

Well, I think I gleaned a little understanding. I tried dragging an application icon to the left of one of the widgets in the widgets only panel. It created a widget for that application (for example Firefox). So then I had two Firefox visual icons: the existing one in the "Icons Only Task Manager" and a new widget in the widgets area.

So this was one source of my confusion: that a widget gets created when dragging an application icon to the widget container.

Also, there is no visual clue to visually delineate the widget area from the "Icons Only Task Manager". In my case, the widgets I have are the virtual desktop manager, System Settings, and Discover. But I would not know that these are widgets as they look the same as the application icons to the right.

I couldn't figure out how to put a vertical bar to delineate the two spaces (or other spaces for instance if I added a new Icons Only Task Manager for whatever reason I might want to).

https://imgbly.com/ib/PXfkvLcBgh

Comment

Originally posted by rhimbo View Post
        I couldn't figure out how to put a vertical bar to delineate the two spaces (or other spaces for instance if I added a new Icons Only Task Manager for whatever reason I might want to).
        You can add a panel spacer, which can add some configurable space between widgets, and there are a few third party separator widgets you can add that provide a visual vertical line, as well.

Comment

Working...
        X