Weird Configuration issue with Dolphin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Weird Configuration issue with Dolphin

Hi all, been running Kubuntu 24.04 for a while now, however, there's an issue that rolled over from 23.10 that kept being a 'minor' annoyance so I reinstalled everything and wiped my previous KDE configurations in my home directory. However, that "minor" annoyance has once again showed up. It doesn't do that from the Live USB I created which I find is just weird. If I select say a folder or file and delete it, Dolphin automatically selects the next file/folder even if I didn't even use the mouse to select and delete (pressing del or shift+del keys). I've gone through all the settings, tried restoring to defaults, closing Dolphin and deleting "~/.config/dolphinrc", restart the Dolphin process, but the behavior remains. Is there anyway to disable it. It's kind of annoying depending on what I am doing at times especially if I'm moving or deleting files and gets interrupted halfway by a phone call and my focus shifts.
    Last edited by Princey; Jul 10, 2024, 09:42 AM.
    Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

It is a bug but I can't for the life of me find a report or where I saw it mentioned in the recent-ish past. Probably on KDE's Discuss forum. Still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      It is a bug but I can't for the life of me find a report or where I saw it mentioned in the recent-ish past. Probably on KDE's Discuss forum. Still looking.
      Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep monitoring the discussion forums for any update.
      Challenges are what that keeps us from the borderline of boredom in life's journey. Linux user no. 419401 currently running Kubuntu 24.04

Comment

i use caja inplace of dolphin i found it in discover and love it i didnt remove dolphin

Comment

Originally posted by spirithawk View Post
          i use caja inplace of dolphin i found it in discover and love it i didnt remove dolphin
          Back in 23.10 I ended up installing Konqueror to get around it. (Yes, Konqueror still exists and it's one of the file browsers I'd grown to love back in KDE3). I'll give caja a spin and see what it looks like. If not, I'll go back to good old Konqueror for peace of mind until that bug is fixed.
          Edit: Just did a search on it and found out that caja is the default file manager LinuxMint uses for the Mate desktop. Wouldn't that bring about addition gtk packages (I don't hate it. It just doesn't "flow" well with the plasma and QT look)?
          Last edited by Princey; Jul 14, 2024, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Princey View Post
            Wouldn't that bring about addition gtk packages
            Doing a simulated install: sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends --simulate on my desktop PC (64-bit) running 24.04 shows only the following packages would be installed:

caja caja-common gvfs gvgs-common gvfs-daemons gvfs-libs libcaja-extension1 libexempi8 libgail-3-0t64 libgck-2-2 libgcr-4-4 libmate-desktop-2-17t64 mate-desktop mate-desktop-common
            Windows no longer obstructs my view.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm still seeing this bug here too, but not often. You really have to pay attention when clicking. IIRC, it only happens when using the "Details" view mode.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                IIRC, it only happens when using the "Details" view mode.
                Not so here. On my 24.04, this behavior occurs in all three view modes.
                Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  Not so here. On my 24.04, this behavior occurs in all three view modes.
                  On my KDEneon install, this only happens in Details view. Never once seen it in the other views.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post

On my KDEneon install, this only happens in Details view. Never once seen it in the other views.
                    It happens in all three modes for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X