Recent Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Applications

I use the Application Dashboard. When you click on the KDE icon, the Dashboard is presented with Recent Applications selected and those Recent Applications icons and names displayed. Where is this stored at? I want/need to clean it up, or delete it so it is generated anew. Why? The Firefox Developer Edition entry isn't pointing to the correct location (I had renamed it's folder after I had initially launched it, after having closed the application). While not a big problem; I can launch it several other ways; I'd like to clean up the Recent Applications listing if I can.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Have played with these? Maybe ticking of off, logging out and back in will clear it. If I had to guess, the history is somewhere in your home folder in one of the desktop cache or plasma files.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240629_134055.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	680944

Please Read Me

Comment

Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it did allow me to edit the errant entry to fix the launch location. To do that, I had to uncheck Show categories: Recent applications. If you don't do that, you won't see the Edit Application... option when right-clicking on an Application Dashboard item.
      Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 29, 2024, 12:16 PM.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

On my 24.04 it's .desktop files in ~.local/share/RecentDocuments

The .desktop file name gets "[n]" put in it if there's another recent document with the same name, so can be unpredictable. I'm not sure, but I expect this is a desktop standard.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

There's also a file named "recently-used.xbel" in that folder.

I wonder if that's what you're looking for Snowhog?

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
          X