Losing browser icon image on every reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing browser icon image on every reboot

I have three shortcuts (links, widgets, whatever the official names are) on the bottom panel for three different browsers: Chromium, Firefox, Vivaldi.

After every reboot, the Chromium icon is gone. However, I can still hover over that spot and launch the browser. So, the link is there but not the icon image.

This only happens with the Chromium link, and it happens on my 22.04 machine as well.

I have to remove it from the panel and put it back, and it disappears on the next reboot.

Any idea how to stop this from happening?

Do you mean "Pinned to the task manager" or something else?

How was Chromium installed?

Have you tried to re-attach the icon using kmenuedit?

Have you tried refreshing the icon cache?

Please Read Me

Comment

It is pinned to the bottom panel (taskbar). Chromium was installed through Discover (via Snap).

Haven't tried refreshing the icon cache, though it's strange that only that icon is affected.

Comment

Probably a problem with the snap itself. I don't use them so you'll have to wait for someone else to respond.

Please Read Me

Comment

(I've purged snapd; I use the flatpak chromium, albeit very rarely).

However, I'd like to point out there are several ways to get an icon on the panel. Can you use the menu to get to chromium? If you can, if you right-click the entry, and choose "add to panel", does it work?

Having an icon to start chromium rather than pinning it means it opens slower the first time you run it. For my desktop the difference is about 1 s.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
          X