Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System freezes often.

See my post: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...pond-i-gave-up

Summary: upgraded my Kubuntu 18.04 to Kubuntu 22.04 LTS by buying a new disk and doing a fresh install. For 4 months, it would totally freeze at least once per day. No mouse or keyboard. Had to reboot.

After 4 months of trying to troubleshoot, I gave up and downloaded Kubuntu 24.04 LTS and installed it on my old Alienware Aruora R4.

R4 had completely different hardware than my old system, Intel i7, new disks,different kernel, different KDE Plasma, etc. All computers are on a large UPS.

Was looking to move my daily use computer to that one, but after only 3 days, I has frozen 5 time.

Getting very frustrated, I installed 24.04 on an old dual core machine that has 18.04 on it. Ran fine for one day. 3 hours into the 2nd day, it froze.

No clues whatsoever in any log file. I have to believe that it's something to do with the last couple of versions of Kubuntu. I put my old disk with 18.04 back into my main computer and it doesn't freeze. Never has frozen for several years.

I'm about to give up on Kubuntu unless anyone has any new ideas to try.

3 different computes, same problem. Two with Intel processors, one with AMD. 8, 16, and 32 GB RAM. Two with Radeon one with Nvidia graphics.
Working...
X