No announcement yet.

The conversation with "su" has failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So nothing; files (hidden or not) and directories; in the lop level of your user home directory are owned by root (a good thing), but somewhere within one of the directories is chrome-sandbox which is, so let's find it.

In a konsole type: find . chrome-sandbox -type f and press Enter. Assuming it's found, copy and paste the result here in your reply.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The console output to that command is so long that it doesn't show it all. Although I go up to the top, the beginning does not appear. If you tell me how to make the console show all the output of the command, I can paste it all. For now I'm putting a screenshot of the final part, where, as you can see, the last line says:

Code:
      "find: ‘chrome-sandbox’: The file or directory does not exist
      Greetings...
      Attached Files

Comment

Something isn't right. IF you typed my command exactly, and the file truly doesn't exist, then just the prompt should have returned. Please try again, but copy then paste the command I provided.

Comment

I better make a screenshot in .gif so you can see that I do exactly what you ask me to do.
          Thank you...
          Attached Files

Comment

Not helpful; scrolls way to fast. Not a problem. Redo the command, but we'll have it pause so you can copy the first screen full.

Copy then paste the folloing command in Konsole: find . chrome-sandbox -type f​ | more

Comment

Code:
              julio-cesar@mi-equipo:~$ find . chrome-sandbox -type f​ | more
              find: Must separate multiple arguments to -type using: ','
              julio-cesar@mi-equipo:~$
              Greetings...

Comment

That’s a pipe symbol between f and more; it isn’t a lowercase L

Comment

Sorry, I don't know what you mean, I just copied and pasted your command. Please tell me what exactly I should do.
                  Greetings...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okay. Sorry. Communications by text isn't the best, and it's slow. I appreciate your patience.

So let's try this. Type: sudo find / -name chrome-sandbox -type f

Comment

I'm stepping out for an errand, so I won't be answering for about an hour, give or take.

Comment

This is the console output:

Code:
                        julio-cesar@mi-equipo:~$ sudo find / -name chrome-sandbox -type f
                        [sudo] contraseña para julio-cesar:
                        find: ‘/run/user/1000/doc’: Permiso denegado
                        /home/julio-cesar/Deemix/chrome-sandbox
                        /home/julio-cesar/balenaEtcher/chrome-sandbox
                        find: ‘/proc/30698’: No existe el archivo o el directorio
                        /opt/google/chrome/chrome-sandbox
                        julio-cesar@mi-equipo:~$
                        I am attaching some screenshots of the properties of the files called "chrome-sandbox" which, according to the console output, are in my user's folder, that is, "/home/julio-cesar/Deemix/chrome-sandbox" and "/home/julio-cesar/balenaEtcher/chrome-sandbox".
                        Greetings...
                        Attached Files

Comment

So the two instances of chrome-sandbox both have Ownership (User / Group) of you (julio-cesar). Nothing wrong there, so nothing needs doing here.

As this thread is getting long, let me just ask, because I "think" I saw you mention, but... This issue; does it occur only with some applications? Is that correct? Do you know?

Comment

Indeed, for now the problem only affects Grub Customizer and the driver manager opened from the system preferences. But my fear is that this will spread and there will come a time when it will prevent me from opening normally or at all any application that requires the password.
                            Greetings...

Comment

Create a new user and make it an Account type: Administrator. System Settings > Users > + Add New User

Logout of your current session and login with the new user and launch Driver Manager. Does the new user also experience this issue, or is the password accepted as expected?

Comment

Indeed, in the new user created, the same error occurs when opening the driver manager from the system tools. What does that mean?.
                                Greetings...

Comment

Working...
                                X