openjdk and a jar file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

openjdk and a jar file

Most all my Linux knowledge is server-side cli, so not good at troubleshooting desktop stuff. A site I use has a custom launcher jar file for modded Minecraft. Have used it for a couple of years on Windows with no issues. On 22.04 with Gnome, installed opendk-11 and used that as the RunWith, ran fine. Not so good on Numbat Kubuntu. I can manage to start the launcher in Konsole, but not launch any of the options. I think I played with "export DISPLAY=:0.0" to get that far.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: class jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader cannot be cast to class java.net.URLClassLoader

What's new that I need/different to learn about? Besides the whole Xwin environment of course.

Welcome.

So did your .jar run with Kubuntu 22.04 LTS? Did you use Wayland ot X11 in Ubuntu (GNOME) 22.04 LTS? Did you install similar openjdk packages in 22.04 and 24.04?

PS:
    I just had a look - *Ubuntu 24.04 LTS uses openjdk 11.0.23, previous *Ubuntu versions (20.04, 22.04 & 23.10) use openjdk 11.0.22. Perhaps there was a small change from 11.0.22 to 11.0.23 that effects your .jar?
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 19, 2024, 02:15 AM. Reason: added PS
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Thanks for the response. I don't think that minor java diff would matter, but worth trying something.
      I think 22.04 used X11, vs the Wayland that I read was default for 24.04. The Linux gui is what I'm probably weakest on.
      Been on the road, will have to play more when I get home tomorrow.
      Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X