Browsers can't connect to websites first launch after reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browsers can't connect to websites first launch after reboot

After every reboot, the first launch of any browser won't connect to the Web. I have to close the browser and launch it again, and then it will connect.

Any idea what might be causing this? It's only on my 22.04 machine. 24.04 is fine.

Wifi not connecting quickly at login with 22.04's kernel and driver versus 24.04?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      Wifi not connecting quickly at login with 22.04's kernel and driver versus 24.04?
      And yet my email and chat apps connect right off the bat.

Comment

So browser web connections are through different ports. Have you done any edits to the hosts file or firewall or using some "safety" tool on 22.04 that you're not on the 24.04 install?

I've never seen this behavior and I'm using KDEneon which is basically 22.04 with faster updates to Plasma.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
          ...Have you done any edits to the hosts file or firewall or using some "safety" tool on 22.04 that you're not on the 24.04 install?
          No, I haven't done any fiddling around with things like that yet. Fairly new to Linux, so I'm keeping it basic until I know more.

Comment

You should probably review log files during the time the event occurs to see what messages might be relevant.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
            X