Chrome and dual monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome and dual monitors

I'm using Chrome 125.0.6422.112 on a dual-monitor system. Chrome always opens on the wrong monitor (not the primary monitor). I've tried the move-it-to-the-other-monitor-and-close ploy, but it has no effect. All other programs open, as they should, on my primary monitor. I can always just keep moving Chrome from secondary to primary monitor by hand, but there has to be a way to tell it where to go originally. Thanks.

How about applying a window rule to Chrome to always open on the primary monitor when started? Right klick in Chrome's top window bar and go from there.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Can't say why this is happening, but it's fixable.

Try right-clicking on the title bar. You should see a menu labeled "More Actions...". Hover on that menu then you should see a new menu pop open with "Configure Special Application Settings".

Click on that then a window should pop open with most of the info filled in. At the lower-left click on "+Add Property" and scroll down to "Size and Position". There you can select a position for it to open using X-Y coordinates and lots of other ways to pre-select the window set up.
      Last edited by oshunluvr; May 28, 2024, 11:57 AM.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        lick on that
        are you sure that's advisable?

Comment

• oshunluvr
          oshunluvr commented
          Editing a comment
          har har...

Re: oshunluvr
        Possibly not, claydoh, but it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Don View Post
          Re: oshunluvr
          Possibly not, claydoh, but it worked.
          Ewwwww
          Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_nkeeclVO3u1u8ivvko1_500.gif
Views:	68
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	679984
          Last edited by claydoh; May 28, 2024, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X