KDevelop launcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDevelop launcher

When running a compiled program by pressing the "Execute" button in KDevelop it takes up to 10 sec. before the program launches. When running the same program from the command line it starts immediately. It seems as KDevelop needs to search for the executable. It might have something to do with the launcher configuration, but I am not able to configure it for release executable. Trying to add a new configuration creates another Debug configuration, even though it already exists. Seems like a bug, but not a critical one, as the program can be launched from the command line.

Anything in the logs that could explain this behaviour?
    Did you already check https://bugs.kde.org/ if this is a known bug?
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

I have searched the https://bugs.kde.org/​ for "KDevelop launcher". Although there are some mention of problems with the launcher I have not found a solution to my particular problem.
      I am not sure what logs you are referring to; does KDevelop have separate logs? If so, where are they located?

Comment

For example you could have a seperate Konsole window with sudo journalctl -f open before trying this in KDevelop again.
        Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; May 28, 2024, 05:06 AM.
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Working...
        X