This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the File Manager?

I have installed Ubuntu 22.04.1, and I've played around with it some. I have not seen a file manager; surely one exists, but I have not found it. I inserted a USB drive containing backed-up data from Ubuntu 16.04, but so far I have had trouble accessing its data. On Ubuntu 16.04, it was simple. I have internet access now, and it tells me that Thunderbird can be configured to work seamlessly with Google's Gmail service.​ So I will get to work now on learning that configuration.

Originally posted by wtb32141 View Post
    I have not seen a file manager; surely one exists
    Dolphin, which replaced Konqueror when KDE 4 was released. However, Konqueror is still maintained and can still be installed: sudo apt install konqueror
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I found the answer to 2 of my questions. First, "Files, also known as Nautilus, is the default file manager of the GNOME desktop." I'm running Ubuntu 22.04--not Kubuntu 22.04. So Nautilus (aka Files) is my file manager right now (i.e., until I install Dolphin). Second, Files is the access point to the USB drive I have inserted. So that solves 2 of my problems. Now I must figure out how to access my Gmail account through Thunderbird.

Comment

Accessing Gmail via thunderbird is not difficult. In thunderbird Go to the edit tab then account settings the account actions click on add mail account fill in the boxes with the correct information.
        When thunderbird tries to access Gmail account for the first time Gmail will send a security alert asking if you want to allow this action select yes and you in business.
        From then on Thunderbird will down load your Gmail. good luck
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
        X