This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, Ubuntu has encountered an internal error

This only happens in KDE Plasma with Wayland, apps keep crashing in the background. Before it was akonadi-server, I got rid of it. Now a week later it still keeps happening in Wayland. Works fine on X11 though. Any ideas?

I have not had any luck in getting Wayland to work well with Kubuntu, Arch, or Debian with KDE Plasma/Nvidia drivers.

Is there some reason that you need to use Wayland over X11? You might want to do some research on the state of Wayland with KDE Plasma right now. While a lot of work has been done to get it working well, there are still some caveats/show stoppers. For now, Kubuntu is using X11 as the default. In my opinion, Wayland is still not a drop in replacement for X11 while using KDE Plasma. It works well with Gnome users are reporting.
    Hopefully someone with some better insights and experience getting it to work on Kubuntu will chime in soon. Good luck and keep us posted as your troubleshooting progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by rab0171610 View Post
      I have not had any luck in getting Wayland to work well with Kubuntu, Arch, or Debian with KDE Plasma/Nvidia drivers.

Is there some reason that you need to use Wayland over X11? You might want to do some research on the state of Wayland with KDE Plasma right now. While a lot of work has been done to get it working well, there are still some caveats/show stoppers. For now, Kubuntu is using X11 as the default. In my opinion, Wayland is still not a drop in replacement for X11 while using KDE Plasma. It works well with Gnome users are reporting.
      Hopefully someone with some better insights and experience getting it to work on Kubuntu will chime in soon. Good luck and keep us posted as your troubleshooting progresses.
      Yeah sure!

Comment

Yeah, it works great. Your case is a prime example. No worries. I am sure someone will tell you exactly what you need to click on to fix it soon.
        Try this link for more info on the current state, esp the part about getting KDE apps to use X11 via the Xwayland protocol:
        https://community.kde.org/KWin/Wayla...port_in_Plasma
        Wayland Support in Plasma
        Wayland support in the KDE Plasma Workspaces is in a tech-preview state. The workspaces have been developed for X11 and much functionality relies on X11. To be able to make proper use of Wayland these bits have to be rewritten.
        Last edited by rab0171610; Jul 10, 2022, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Okay, also to mention that this seems to happen even when I switch from Wayland to X11. After rebooting it seems fine. For now I have removed the plasma-workspace-wayland package which enables this.
          By the way do you think that it's only my install that might be borked up? I am getting suspicious whether my install is broken or not.
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jul 10, 2022, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X