This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications

I accidentally double-clicked when displaying notifications. As a result, they briefly flashed on the screen so I didn't see them long enough. How do I see the history?
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Click on your Username (top right of the web window (Notifications | Messages | Username) and click on User Settings and on the displayed screen, click on Notifications tab. Look at the options?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think you thought I meant these forums but I am talking about Kubuntu which is why I posted in:I figured everyone would realize that. I guess I assumed wrong.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

Comment

Have you looked at your notification settings at all?

I have no idea how double clicking the popup can changes a setting, or if it even does anything, but the first place would be to look at the configuration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_9483.png
Views:	189
Size:	263.5 KB
ID:	664021

Comment

I already checked that. It has no option to display the history.

Comment

Originally posted by steve7233 View Post
            I already checked that. It has no option to display the history.
            That setting is per-application, so maybe look there?

Also, what about this one?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220704_152129.png
Views:	182
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	664052
            Last edited by claydoh; Jul 04, 2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I think the OP is saying with the notification window opened, the double-click "cleared" the open notification(s), and wishes it/they can be retrieved.

History:

The history shows notifications that have not been dismissed and have a urgency of normal or critical.
              Selecting the option Claydoh suggests would add "Low priority" notifications to history also.

As far as I can tell, recovering history is not doable. Each application sends notifications as "persistent" or "not persistent" and with a level of urgency that the programmer sets. History only exists until:

To dismiss a notification:

click on the close button or swipe to the left of the notification
              click on the close button or swipe to the left in the group header will close all notification of this application
              an application can clear all its notification, typically this happens when the application gains focus
              an action button is clicked
              a session logout dismisses all notifications

Notifications are grouped by application and sorted by date.
              So if you've closed a notification, it's gone. "Not persistent" notifications do not go into history. History is cleared for each notification as described above. Once they've been cleared they cannot be retrieved.

I think the purpose of "history" in this case it to allow the user to walk away from the computer and return and review useful or important notifications that occurred while away, but not to store them indefinitely. I could see a use-case where a user might set a limit like a number of lines or file size, and have them retrievable, but we don't have that yet.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
              X