No announcement yet.

Problem in creating a dual-boot system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of using Muon or Synaptic as a frontend for the APT package manager you could also use it directly through a command line interface:

To be sure that HPLIP and its graphical user interface are installed as they should, you can open the Konsole terminal emulator from the
    -> Application Menu -> System and enter (exactly as written)

sudo apt reinstall hplip (press [Return] and enter your password)

sudo apt reinstall hplip-gui (press [Return] )

To install python3-pyqt5 as claydoh suggested you could also use Konsole and enter

sudo apt reinstall python3-pyqt5 (press [Return] )
    (it is already a dependency of hplip-gui - it does not hurt to check this explicitly, though)

PS: I suggest to use apt reinstall instead of just apt install to re-configure the packages.
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Oct 26, 2023, 05:52 PM.
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Claydoh, I’ve been doing some homework on my printer/scanner problem. The homework consists of reading this document: “What is the HPLIP Binary Plug-In and How Do I Install It?” [https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/binary_plugin.html].

I did not run HP-Setup when I installed Ubuntu 22.04. So I think I should run HP-Setup instead of HP-Plugin. Both commands will install the plugin (3.15.4) that’s needed to get my scanner going. I propose to run HP-Setup on both Ubuntu 22.04 and Ubuntu 16.04 (that is, once I get 16.04 installed). What do you think about that plan?
      Last edited by wtb32141; Oct 27, 2023, 01:08 PM. Reason: It was in there twice.

Comment

Claydoh, I’ve been doing some homework on my printer/scanner problem. The homework consists of reading this document: “What is the HPLIP Binary Plug-In and How Do I Install It?” [https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/binary_plugin.html].

I did not run HP-Setup when I installed Ubuntu 22.04. So I think I should run HP-Setup instead of HP-Plugin. Both commands will install the plugin (3.15.4) that’s needed to get my scanner going. I propose to run HP-Setup on Ubuntu 22.04 and Ubuntu 16.04 (that is, once I get 16.04 installed). What do you think of that plan?​

Comment

Originally posted by wtb32141 View Post
          What do you think of that plan?​
          That is up to you
          I imagine having HP's full suite would be useful for you, and it won't hurt.

Comment

I have GREAT news! My scanner under Ubuntu 22.04 now is working thanks to the help I got from Claydoh and Schwarzer Kater. I ran the 3 reinstall statements Kater recommended. All 3 worked flawlessly. I also ran the hp-plugin command, which Claydoh recommended. I previously was unaware of the need for the plugin. Thanks to both of you for your help!
            Last edited by wtb32141; Oct 30, 2023, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X