This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Schwarzer Kater View Post
    You can also install/use kio-admin in Kubuntu 22.04 for Plasma 5.24 if you enable the Kubuntu Backports PPA.​
    Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    […]
    I do not think so- I don't see it anywhere. oops I found it
    Plus, adding the PPA to 22.04 will also upgrade all of Plasma and KDE stuff to 5.25. Which to me is a Good Thing.
    Sorry, but this is not quite correct: If you enable the Kubuntu Backports PPA for Kubuntu 22.04 your Plasma will stay at the 5.24 LTS version (and you can also install kio-admin).

Only if you additionally (at least that is how it is recommended if you wish to to so) enable the Kubuntu Backports Extra PPA for Kubuntu 22.04 your Plasma will be upgraded to 5.25 (and I am not sure if this is always a good thing - I personally prefer the LTS versions, but to each his own ).
    Last edited by Schwarzer Kater; Mar 10, 2023, 11:36 AM. Reason: typos
    Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
    Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
    install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

Yes, I got myself confused, as the description for Backstops mentions that Plasma 5.26 won't be available there, which is mostly identical to the description for Backports-Extra
      Flipping between too many very similar tabs is not good for keeping things straight.
      I *used* to be on top of all this stuff.

Comment

I did not doubt that for a second.
        Sometimes there is just too much information, especially in the IT world…
        Debian KDE & LXQt • Kubuntu & Lubuntu • openSUSE KDE • Windows • macOS X
        Desktop: Lenovo ThinkCentre M75s • Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 13" • and others

get rid of Snap script (20.04 +)reinstall Snap for release-upgrade script (20.04 +)
        install traditional Firefox script (22.04 +)​ • install traditional Thunderbird script (24.04)

Comment

and, class ...

Doesn't always pay to be in such a hurry!
          An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
          X