This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Ubuntu 22.10 is available.

I am running Kubuntu 22.04.1, and an icon just popped up in the system tray saying that an upgrade to Ubuntu 22.10 is available. Should I use that icon to upgrade Kubuntu 22.04, or should I wait for instructions specifically for Kubuntu?

The instructions are identical,
    As an LTS, 22.04 doesn't normally prompt for non-LTS upgrades unless you have explicitly told it to, so upgrading in this case is up to you. 22.04 has a three year shelf life and upgrades every two, while non-LTS have a 9 month one, with upgrades every 6.

Unless someone fudged up and placed the Ubuntu text in the Kubuntu upgrade notification, the only way I can think of that you would see 'Ubuntu' is if you have Gnome installed alongside Plasma, and you are seeing the 'ubuntu' prompt.
    But in any case, the only difference here is the 'K" in the text. Or rather the lack thereof. It is all identical stuff coming from the exact same place as Kubuntu is not a separate distribution from Ubuntu, and there won't be any special steps or instruction needed.

Comment

I prefer to stick with the LTS release. The upgrade available icon insists on hanging out in the system tray. I think I may have selected notification for all releases when I upgraded to 22.04.1. Where would I go to change that setting?

Comment

Via the Software Sources tool found in Discover's settings section

Related:
        https://www.kubuntuforums.net/forum/...-04-1-optional

Comment

Working...
        X