This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux-compatible wireless microphone

I want a wireless wearable microphone to use on Skype calls, or for other types of video conferencing. Does anyone know of a good Linux-compatible one? So far, I haven't gotten any Bluetooth device to pair with my PC, so maybe I'd better stick with a wifi one.

Or maybe I should post about my Bluetooth woes.
    Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
    ================================

Have you tried phone-type ear buds? I have Avantree ANC031 wireless headphones (with mic) and they work fine with Linux - but they, like most others, are bluetooth.

You should probably start with getting bluetooth working if you can, then you'll have lots of choices. I don't think "works with Linux" is a thing with regards to bluetooth headsets - you just have to have working bluetooth.

Not sure why you NEED wireless if you're on a Video chat. There are plenty of wired options that will work regardless of operating system or bluetooth.

A long time ago I had an RF stereo headset that relied on a base unit you wired to the system. It was operating system agnostic also.

Please Read Me

Comment

Something likethis maybe: https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Head...A1FDEKMSC8YO2R

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        Have you tried phone-type ear buds?
        These can be a pain to get working for the purpose, due to the different codecs and stuff, and the quality can be poor. For mine, I had to do all sorts of things to be able to use the mic on the desktop. Including moving to full-pipewire/wirerplumber on 22.04, I think this may be necessary for some devices, but I had already done this for other reasons (OBS).

I agree with getting bluetooth looked at, that will open a lot more possibilities.

However, I used to use these for Skype/Viber/etc some years ago (8?). They are wireless, or bluetooth.. No longer available new, tho.
        Last edited by claydoh; Aug 02, 2023, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X