KDE Fullscreen invading other monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Fullscreen invading other monitors

I am currently using Kubuntu with KDE, and I'm experiencing an issue with fullscreen applications, such as YouTube videos, invading my second monitor. Specifically, when I switch a video to fullscreen on my primary monitor while the browser window is not maximized, the fullscreen video extends slightly into the second monitor and also invades a bit of the bottom of the screen. This issue does not occur when the browser window is maximized before going fullscreen.

I am in a clean installation, and this still hapenning

Operating System: Kubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
    Desktop Environment: KDE Plasma 5.24.7
    Kernel Version: 6.5.0-35-generic
    Monitors: Two monitors, side by side
    Primary monitor: 1920x1080 (eDP-1)
    Secondary monitor: 1920x1080 (DP-1-0)​
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation TigerLake-H GT1 [UHD Graphics]
    NVIDIA Corporation GA106M [GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile / Max-Q]

Are you logging in to the Desktop with Plasma X11 or Plasma Wayland?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Code:
      echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

x11​

Comment

Now I noticed that this is only happening in Chrome. I tested it in Firefox, and the same thing with the fullscreen invading a bit of the other screen did not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by uphiago View Post
          Now I noticed that this is only happening in Chrome. I tested it in Firefox, and the same thing with the fullscreen invading a bit of the other screen did not happen.
          Per chance is your browsers default resolution set higher than 100%, like 110% or 120%?

Comment

TinyTim it's not. I have also tested with Wayland, workaround fixes, and all the stuffs... but still the same.

Comment

Working...
            X