Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to report libreoffice-kde5/kf5 bug?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the explanation claydoh, as always.

And it's not that I have been writing the great American novel with LO on my laptop, but in fact the stock LO on my 20.04.3 has not ever given me any problems. And that includes opening the occasional actual Word docx file and editing it in LO.

So if LO 6.4 is EOL, it would appear that *buntu had provided some measure of support when it was included in the 20.04 packages. I'm leaving "good enough" alone, and just see what happens in the next LTS.

Thank you.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Late reply, because I couldn t access the forum.
      I have LibreOffice from http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu/ on 20.04 (Focal Fossa). For me it's definitely fixed. Strange it didn't work out for everybody.

Comment

The bug is still definitely there. It's there only with a plasma-based install of LibreOffice. If I install LibreOffice like this, I've got a problem:
        sudo apt install libreoffice-plasma libreoffice

If I install it with gnome, I don't have a problem:
        sudo apt install libreoffice-gnome libreoffice

Also, with the generic install, I don't have a problem:
        sudo apt install libreoffice
        Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
        ================================

Comment

plasma-based install of LibreOffice
          Not trying to muddy things, but Libreoffice doesn't have a 'plasma' version. the libreoffoce-kf5/qt5 package simply helps the look and feel fit Plasma, and use Plasma file picker. And they obviously have a bug in their integration.
          It is nothing KDE, nor Kubuntu can fix, iirc.
          Either use a slightly older release. say 7.0, or stick to the stock interface, or the gtk3 one (libreoffice-gtk3) which probably looks better than the "stock" one for sure, and other than the file picker will look quite nearly the same as a KDE version, as it can use its included Breeze theme

Actually, testing out the libreoffice-gtk3 interface after purging libreoffice-qt5 and libreoffice-kf5 , it seems to behave identically to the kf5 one
          I wonder if it doesn't like the large number of fonts?

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post

Not trying to muddy things, but Libreoffice doesn't have a 'plasma' version. the libreoffoce-kf5/qt5 package simply helps the look and feel fit Plasma, and use Plasma file picker. And they obviously have a bug in their integration.
            It is nothing KDE, nor Kubuntu can fix, iirc.
            Either use a slightly older release. say 7.0, or stick to the stock interface, or the gtk3 one (libreoffice-gtk3) which probably looks better than the "stock" one for sure, and other than the file picker will look quite nearly the same as a KDE version, as it can use its included Breeze theme

Actually, testing out the libreoffice-gtk3 interface after purging libreoffice-qt5 and libreoffice-kf5 , it seems to behave identically to the kf5 one
            I wonder if it doesn't like the large number of fonts?
            What I mean is the install using "sudo apt install libreoffice-plasma libreoffice", the one that uses the word "plasma." The other two types of install, the on that says "gnome" and the one that is just generic both work fine. The one that says "plasma" also worked if I made sure to uninstall kf5 and kde5, but then I could only use LibreOffice dialogues.
            Kubuntu 22.04 (desktop & laptop), Windows 7 &2K (via VirtualBox on desktop PC)
            ================================

Comment

It definitely is a bug in LibreOffice, because (for me) it was fixed. In the last version from LibreOffice they removed an update that had to do with kde-integration, and it 'fixed' the bug. The bug started with an update from LibreOffice, and one update later it disappeared, so it's definitely something LibreOffice has to fix.
              I use the version from http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu/, so I don't know how other version handle this.

Comment

Working...
              X