This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] Free space indicator

I love this feature in Dolphin v20.12 which shows free space as a line indicator. Is there any plugin which allows us to use the same in 20.04 ? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_20201104_194735.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	649682

Nope. It is built in, unfortunately.

Just like *buntu releases, the KDE Applications (and thus Dolphin) use the year.month release naming. so users with rolling Plasma setups (Neon, Arch, Manjaro-ish) all have to wait till December.
    It won't make it to Kubuntu Focal at all, unfortunately.

And by golly, could swear we had this feature already, and for some time
    I am convinced of it, which means I never noticed it going away.

Comment

I see. Please do update if the feature ever comes back to 20.04 through Services/Plugins. It is a very useful one

Comment

If you "right click" on the device and select properties it is shown there.

Name:	Screenshot_20201110_172651.png
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	644919

Comment

Originally posted by Grahm View Post
          I see. Please do update if the feature ever comes back to 20.04 through Services/Plugins. It is a very useful one
          It most definitely is

Unfortunately this is not from any plugin, and services are relegated to right-click context menus.
          It won't make it to any previous Dolphin version, and Kubuntu Focal, being LTS, wont get updates to Dolphin other than to the version it has -19.12.x

Don't forget that the bottom bar in Dolphin does show this, but you do have to have that drive open to see it. You might have to right click on the bar to enable it, though I beleive it has been on by defualt for quite a while now.

Name:	Screenshot_20201110_204000.png
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	644920
          Last edited by claydoh; Nov 10, 2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

There's a link to "DIY" plasmoids here which possibly could be tailored to display the %ages in your existing KDE Plasma panel. Then there's conky which has quite a few options as well.
            Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

It might not be activated by default though in Dolphin. If you right-click on the bottom area you can enable and disable zoom slider and disk space.
              Constant change is here to stay!

Comment

Thanks for the inputs. Is there anything like " This PC / My Computer " apps which we can use with 20.04 ? I am happy with what we have now, but it would be nice to have a method to keep an eye on disk free space like we are discussing here.

Comment

I think I asked a wrong question. No offence, was thinking to ask about a unified interface of drives with size indication.

Comment

Working...
                  X