This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz dont open

Compiz is isntalled but dont open, what can i do?

Welcome to KFN.

I'm pretty sure that Compiz won't run on recent versions of Kubuntu; releases utilizing Plasma.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i was searching for 3d effects and they told me to try plasma + compiz, if compiz dont run how can i get that's windows effects? you say releases utilyzing plasma but plasma is grhapical interface compiz is a archive manager, dont?

Comment

Originally posted by Jônathas View Post
        i was searching for 3d effects and they told me to try plasma + compiz, if compiz dont run how can i get that's windows effects? you say releases utilyzing plasma but plasma is grhapical interface compiz is a archive manager, dont?
        Plasma has it's own compositor called kwin. Trying to run another compositor is a sure way to break your system.

All plasma effects can be found in the settings under workspace behavior and window management.

The "cube" animation is desktop effects under window management.

The al-tab flipper is in the window management under task switcher.

There are also interminable options for windows to make the translucent, blur or animate. Have fun

Comment

This is a bit old but may be relevant.
          You need to disable Plasma's compositor first, as well as having all the needed components installed:

https://poisonpacket.wordpress.com/2...at-with-kde-5/

Comment

Originally posted by mr_raider View Post
            Plasma has it's own compositor called kwin. Trying to run another compositor is a sure way to break your system.

All plasma effects can be found in the settings under workspace behavior and window management.

The "cube" animation is desktop effects under window management.

The al-tab flipper is in the window management under task switcher.

There are also interminable options for windows to make the translucent, blur or animate. Have fun
            There used to be the option in System Settings to select compiz (or something else), way back when Compiz was 'cool'

Kwin does not have anywhere near the effects that the old compiz had, no idea if the current re-working of it has these still or not. The fire one was pretty dope, for about 5 seconds or so...

I get by these days using Magic Lantern and a mildly tweaked Wobbly Windows.
            Last edited by claydoh; Jul 19, 2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

i found very effects in plasma, i thougt that only compiz had, already they had much more, i saw. Guys i don't get used de cube, dont work with cntrl+f11 either other shorcut, whats can be? wanna of the most cools things haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jônathas View Post
                i found very effects in plasma, i thougt that only compiz had, already they had much more, i saw. Guys i don't get used de cube, dont work with cntrl+f11 either other shorcut, whats can be? wanna of the most cools things haha
                The "cube" effect in KDE is when you switch workspaces (called virtual desktops). You need 4 workspaces to get an open cube, 6 to get a close cube. You can see it when flipping workspaces using the pager on the task bar. The key command is control+F1 for desktop 1, ctrl+f2 for desktop two etc...

The flipper is for the alt+tab switcher to cycle through windows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200719_152218.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	644836

Comment

i try cntrl+1,2,3... and nthing happens. Same to alt+tab, this give me only a lateral bar, nothing like this aspect above... how can i creat new workspaces so?

Comment

Working...
                  X