This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard and touchpad does not respond after waking up

Hello! I have an Acer Switch Alpha laptop, with Kubuntu Focal in it. Works great, but the keyboard stops working when waking up after suspended.
    I have tried
    sudo modprobe -r usbhid && sudo modprobe usbhid
    doesn't work...
    Also, I've been here
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/9048...t-it-every-tim
    and here
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/394804
    but they didn't have happy endings...
    When listed with lsusb it appears as
    Bus 001 Device 017: ID 04f2:1558 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd ACER Hawaii Keyboard
    When the laptop is put to sleep using key shortcut (Fn + F4) it sleeps and wakes up with no problem...when the lid is closed and then re-opened, the keyboard does not respond anymore (it's not shown with lsusb), and I have to detach and reatach it to get it working again...
    Also, and this is a detail, the backlight keyboard doesn't have a timeout...It either turns on, or off..there is no "lights on but off after certain time and on again after keypress of touchpad move" (windoze default)...
    Is there any advise you can give me?
    Thanks!

If there is a command that will wake up the keyboard, it can be run on resuming in several ways.

Does anyone know a command that might work?
    Regards, John Little

Comment

gyes, something like that..Perhaps a command to wake up the keyboard, to bring it out of low power mode. If that's not possible, perhaps a command to reset the bus or something...
      I really would like to avoid reinstalling windorch to sniff the USB keyboard and try to...do whatever it has to be done.

Comment

Bump? Anyone? No...?
        Ok, I just need some help...I've been reading the output of lsmod, to see if there are some conflicting drivers or something...but there are no obvious hints...

Comment

I'd also check the configuration of your bios.

I have my touchpad disabled in bios at startup. I also use an external USB keyboard with my laptop, just for personal ease of use.

I never use suspend, so I cant' address your particular situation.

When does your computer (I assume a laptop) go into suspended mode? Do you have Linux configured to suspend on lid closing?

Please tell us about your system, ie. model, memory, which operating system, etc.
          Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Hello! I stated all above, when opening the issue. It's a laptop (kinda), more like a tablet-laptop, Acer Switch Alpha 12, an i3, x86-64bit, 4G RAM, 250G SSD computer, with Kubuntu 20.04 LTS installed.
            No, it's not a bios issue. It comes with pre installed windows, and it all worked ok, of course..except, well, windows itself.
            It is configured to sleep when closing the lid. For some reason, in all computers I have installed, since kubuntu 16.04 the option hibernate (or suspend to disk) doesn't enable after installing, or at least hasn't worked for me...in three different laptops. But thats anoter thing for another thread.

Comment

Working...
            X