This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] can't click menu options playing DVD by vlc

I can open a DVD ok under vlc and then it plays the menu clip including sound. However, if I select one of the menu items by clicking on it, then the screen breaks up and vlc crashes.

I installed all the vlc items under Karmic Koala but I'm obviously missing something that's not handling my mouse click - anybody have an idea what ?

Re: can't click menu options playing DVD by vlc

Out of curiosity, does the DVD play in Dragon Player or any other video player that you have on your system?
    I am trying to figure out if it's VLC related or that you're possibly missing packages.

Make sure that Medibuntu repository is set up and ready to go on your system (if you have recently upgraded/installed 3rd-party repos are usually disabled):
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

and the required packages are:
    sudo apt-get install libdvdnav4 libdvdcss2 libdvdread4

I hope I didn't miss any there, but it should all be on the Medibuntu page I linked above anyway

Hope that fixes your problem
    Cheers
    Man by his very nature is dependent on other men.

Comment

Re: can't click menu options playing DVD by vlc

Many thanks for this - works a treat ! When I upgraded the Medibuntu repository seems to have been disabled. Now it's enabled again, I was able to download the packages and everything works :-)

Comment

Working...
      X