This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banshee on KDE 4.4.2 Kubuntu Karmic

Has anyone tried using Banshee on any KDE? (preferrably 4.4.2)
    I've seen Banshee in the multimedia list of programs on KPackageKit. And I saw Gnome mentioned under it, so I didn't install it before checking in here. The main reason I haven't wiped out Vista is because of iTunes. But if Banshee works great under KDE, then I'll be more than willing to give it a GO.

Much thanks in advance!

Re: Banshee on KDE 4.4.2 Kubuntu Karmic

You can always install it, try it out, and if it isn't to your liking and/or expectations, you can uninstall it.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by DAB4970
      Has anyone tried using Banshee on any KDE? (preferrably 4.4.2)
      I've seen Banshee in the multimedia list of programs on KPackageKit. And I saw Gnome mentioned under it, so I didn't install it before checking in here. The main reason I haven't wiped out Vista is because of iTunes. But if Banshee works great under KDE, then I'll be more than willing to give it a GO.

Much thanks in advance!
      I use Banshee and it works great for CDs, which is more than you can say for Amarok.

Comment

I used it and it was fine but all if you intend to use a banshee ipod with itunes ever again you have to restore it. Or at least i had to
        Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Debian Sid (KDE 4.5.3)/Mac OS X 10.6.3<br />*Intel Pentium SU2700 @ 1.3GHz, 3 gig DDR3 RAM, Intel GMA x4500*<br /><br />Custom Desktop - Kubuntu 10.10 (KDE 4.6.1)<br />*2x Dual-Core Intel Xeon @3.2GHz, 3 gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT*<br /><br />iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)<br />*

Comment

So would I have to restore my iPod Touch 2g when using it with Banshee?

Comment

Working...
          X