This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDevil, PoweManager or Battery Monitor Widget HELP in KDE SC 4.4.2

I need help with the Battery Monitor Widget in KDE SC 4.4.2. Changing profiles does not work. For example, if I set up Presentation to put the system to Sleep in 2 minutes and the monitor to go off in 1 minute, it won't work. The screen will go off, however, the system will not Sleep. NOW, if I set it back to Performance with the same time settings, it works perfectly.
    In KDE SC 4.3.5 I have several profiles and changing to any of them works well. For example, if I set it to Presentation and set the monitor to shut off in 2 minutes and the system to sleep in 1 minute and change the profile from the Battery Monitor Widget, it all works fine, no problems.
    THE CATCH: In KDE 4.4.2., if I open the Power Manager-KDE Control Module and change the profile from the Profile Assignment tab, that works fine, also. The other problem I noticed if my system suspends in the Performance Mode upon wake up, if I do not get into the screen and turn get to past notifications in the Panel and hit the, "the system will sleep in 30 seconds," cancel it will go right back to sleep. Finally, the Profiles get cut off and goes behind the panel so choosing one down in the list is a hard thing to do.
    The only reason this bothers me is it seems like a step backwards in KDE SC 4.4.. After all, we are not at 4.4.2 and a bug like this should be caught and fixed. PLEASE if you can test this for your self or use different set up profiles say like for, Movies, radio, etc. and change them from the Battery Monitor Widget for quick access and they no longer work I'd be much appreciative if you left a message.
    I've tried this with live CD's in: Chakra Alpha 5, Lucid nightly build (April 1,st) and a full install of PCLinuxOS beta 2 installed with all updated applied. The problems I mention above happens on all Distro's. So I am thinking it has to be a KDE 4.4 issue or a Dell issue NOT a Kubuntu specific issue, Kubuntu is my favorite anyways.
    THANK YOU for taking the time to read this and reply if you can!
Working...
X