This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Spellcheck not working in OpenOffice

Has anyone got this problem fixed in Karmic? I'd love to get the damn thing fixed - this always happens regardless of *buntu release. I can't even use the new dictionary wizard. I've been using Linux for 3 years and I don't know what I'm doing.

Help please

Re: Spellcheck not working in OpenOffice

Open OpenOffice - tools - extension manager - get more extensions online - download your required language(s) into a folder of your choice - add

Restart Ooo and Bob _should_ be your uncle...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Works just fine here. Catches my misspelled words as I type, and the Spell Checker also runs when clicked and does its job as expected.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And see: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...2487#msg222487
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
          Open OpenOffice - tools - extension manager - get more extensions online - download your required language(s) into a folder of your choice - add

Restart Ooo and Bob _should_ be your uncle...
          Thanks, it works now.

I wish they'd just install it automatically. When it comes to spell checkers, every new release presents a different journey of annoyance

Comment

Glad you got it sussed. Could you mark this issue as solved, please (see my signature for instructions) - thanks

Comment

Working...
            X