This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: How to get Kontact to repeat more than minutes

I would like for Kontact to repeat an event every month or every year. I cannot figure out how to get it to repeat with a period greater than so many minutes.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: How to get Kontact to repeat more than minutes

See below.
    Attached Files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for your reply. However, myy Kontact screen does not look like yours. I am running Kontact 4.3.2 under Kubuntu 9.10

$ uname -a
      Linux jon-desktop 2.6.31-17-generic #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 16:20:31 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

I have attached an image of what I see, but it does not really show the problem. In the advanced window, I am unable to change the period from minutes to anything else. Obviously, for a yearly repeat, it is tedious to calculate the number of minutes each time.

Suggestion?
      Attached Files
      'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

joneall,

I can only surmise that you are not pressing the right buttons for some reason - where you can adjust how many minutes click on the arrow next to minutes and you get a drop down menu to show hours and days. Does that help at all?
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by toad
          I can only surmise that you are not pressing the right buttons for some reason - where you can adjust how many minutes click on the arrow next to minutes and you get a drop down menu to show hours and days. Does that help at all?
          Take a look at the picture. The "How often" and "Interval" boxes ar NOT drop-downs. Clicking on the little arrows just increments or decrements the count without affecting what is counted (minutes, hours, etc.)

Comment

Okay, here is the drop down I meant (in the black oval) - does that work for you?

Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Yes, but that is to adjust how much time before the event you are warned. As far as I can tell, it does not affect the regular (hourly, daily, monthly or yearly) repetition of the event.

Am I missing something?

Comment

No, joneall, you weren't missing anything, I was just barking up the wrong tree...

To get snowhog's screen you may want to upgrade to kde 4.4.2 - it works a treat (under kubuntu, too, or so I'm told). Still, strange, as I remember _always_ having that functionality even under previous kontact versions.

Sorry to waste your time.

Comment

You've helped me enough in the past that I am _not_ concerned about "wasting" a little time now. Thanks.

I tried setting the delay to days and then clicked on advanced, but that was still in minutes. I'll look into 4.4.2. Is it good? Will it be the default in the next release? I'll check.

Thanks again, all.

Comment

I feel silly. (Not the first time.)

After upgrading to KDE 4.4.2, I discovered I was in the wrong Kontact window. It's the "Recurrence" window I wanted and that Snowhog showed in his example. I was in the Reminder advanced window, which is for configuring how many times the reminder ... reminds you.

Sorry 'bout that. And thanks, all.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: How to get Kontact to repeat more than minutes

It HAD to be something silly - but it takes somebody cool to admit it

Anyway, thanks for marking it as solved.

Comment

Re: SOLVED: How to get Kontact to repeat more than minutes

Never proof your own work (that's what Editor's are for)!
                        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                        X