X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok 2.3.0 "Clear Light"

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download:Kubuntu#Amarok_2.3
    Amarok 2.3
    For users of 9.10, Amarok 2.3 is available in the backports PPA, alongside KDE 4.4.
    My sources list contains the specified ppa repository. I'm running Amarok 2.2.2.90. Running sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade shows no new or upgraded packages. They say it's in the backports. So why isn't it available?

Of course, I know the answer. The notices that get published say it's available, but the actual packages haven't been placed into the backports yet. I really wish they wouldn't do this - announce availability before it's actually available. :P
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Re: Amarok 2.3.0 "Clear Light"

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Oddly, it now shows up in the package listing but checking for updates still doesn't show it. I'm not sure what's up w/ that.

https://launchpad.net/~kubuntu-ppa/+archive/backports

Comment

Re: Amarok 2.3.0 "Clear Light"

Listed, but ...

Likely it's a mirror issue. The backports may in fact have the updated package, but the mirrors that everyone actually pulls from, aren't synced yet. Or:

Latest updates
      amarok 44 minutes ago
      Waiting to build << !!

Comment

Re: Amarok 2.3.0 &quot;Clear Light&quot;

just came down the pipe for me on the US server

now it wont read a CD at all....... at least on 2.2.2.99 it worked with cd's spuradicley............

now I cant seam to make it recognise one.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Installing the update as I speak here. Looking forward to better syncing for my Motorola Droid.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
            now it wont read a CD at all....... at least on 2.2.2.99 it worked with cd's spuradicley............
            Amarok 2.3.0 "Clear Light" released
            Submitted by apachelogger on March 15, 2010 - 17:49

Team Amarok is proud to announce Amarok 2.3.0. It contains many improvements and bugfixes over Amarok 2.2.2 as well as many new features. Areas such as podcast support and saved playlists have seen huge improvements, as has the support for USB mass storage devices (including generic MP3 players).
            In short, Team Amarok has been focusing hard on furthering our long-term goal: making Amarok the best tool for immersing yourself in music, no matter where it comes from.
            "no matter where it comes from." Guess they fell short, eh? :P

Comment

Just compiled it myself from source :

[img width=400 height=225]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4898/amarok1.jpg[/img]
              [img width=400 height=400]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2594/amarok2.jpg[/img]
              ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Launched Amarok after having inserted a music CD. As usual, Amarok did not 'see' it. Closed Amarok and ejected the CD. Reinserted the CD and selected Play Audio CD with Amarok. Amarok launched and the CD was listed on the left. Drag-n-drop to the Playlist and clicked the Play button. Amarok played the first track and then crashed.

Sound familiar? :P

Comment

Well. Can anyone figure out how to sync a playlist to a media device? The release notes claim it's there, but I certainly can't seem to find it. I can see how to push an individual file to the device but that's been there for some time. I can't find any way to push the playlist to the device.

Comment

It crashed on start for me

amarok(9891)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-hoa/ksycoca4"
                    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
                    amarok(9891)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
                    Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
                    amarok(9891)/libplasma Plasma::ThemePrivate::config: using theme for app "amarok"
                    QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
                    <unknown program name>(9888)/: Communication problem with "amarok" , it probably crashed.
                    Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : " "The name org.kde.amarok was not provided by any .service files" "
                    KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
                    sock_file=/home/hoa/.kde/socket-halcyon/kdeinit4__0
                    HP ProBook 4310s - ATI Radeon Mobility 4330 - pae kernel<br /><br />http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/

Comment

It also 'appears' not to like an mp3 player in MTP mode either. With my Sansa e280 (in USB>MTP mode) and connected to my laptop, launching Amarok causes it to crash immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by idyllic
                        It crashed on start for me

amarok(9891)/kdecore (KSycoca) KSycocaPrivate:penDatabase: Trying to open ksycoca from "/var/tmp/kdecache-hoa/ksycoca4"
                        Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStr ing,QString,QString)
                        Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.
                        amarok(9891)/libplasma Plasma::ThemePrivate::config: using theme for app "amarok"
                        QGraphicsLinearLayout::removeAt: invalid index 1
                        <unknown program name>(9888)/: Communication problem with "amarok" , it probably crashed.
                        Error message was: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown" : " "The name org.kde.amarok was not provided by any .service files" "
                        KCrash: Application 'amarok' crashing...
                        sock_file=/home/hoa/.kde/socket-halcyon/kdeinit4__0
                        Have not been able to load amarok 2.3 since upgrade. Error message: Excutable: amarok PID: 2258 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault).
                        Have completely unstalled and re-installed several times, same results.

Comment

Well, it's been 3 days aprox. since I installed it from the backports...

[img width=400 height=272]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9156/amarokbackports.png[/img]

Now I'm listening to my music as usual (MP3, OGG).
                          Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
                          Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
                          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Crash of Amarok 2.3.0 is caused by Info applet: http://amarok.kde.org/en/releases/2.3.0#comment-13001 , workaround is deleting config file ~/.kde/share/config/amarok_homerc or removing info plugin from this config file, and further working without Info applet or with but also with crash on next amarok start again. Nasty bug. Unbelievable. >

According to https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=227639 bug is assigned to Qt.
                            Kubuntu 12.04 64bit

Comment

Mine crashes when I try to download cover art.

Comment

Working...
                              X