X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: No sound in kaffeine

I installed rubyripper, for which I also installed the following:

cd-discid cdparanoia flac mp3gain normalize-audio ruby-gnome2 ruby vorbisgain

and now I have no sound from Amarok, Kaffeine or Exaile. SMplayer works ok, tho.

What to do so everything works?
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Help: No sound in amarok, kaffeine, exaile

Hmm. After rebooting this morning, Amarok and Exaile work, as does SMplayer.

But Kaffeine still does not.

So I modified the title of this message.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Help: No sound in kaffeine

In a root konsole open alsamixer and look for a control marked "digital". If you find it, raise its volume level to the top, just below the red range. If your sound device doesn't show a "digital" column in alsamixer then my suggestion is to look for other controls with a setting of zero and raise them, then retry Kaffeine.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Didn't find anything called "digital", but I raised everything else. Still no sound from Kaffeine.

Bizarre.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Also see if there are channels muted- There is a small field under each slider which has an X in it when muted. You can have 100% in the sliders but still a muted output.

Comment

I don't run Kaffeine, but like most of these video players it must have a "preference" or "configuration" or "settings" menu option in which you can change the type of sound device .... ALSA, your specific chip, some file in /dev/.., etc.
            Experiment with that setting till you get sound. You may have to restart Kaffeine after each change.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X