Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED: Modifying SuperKaramba themes -- How Can I Display a Degree Symbol ???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: Modifying SuperKaramba themes -- How Can I Display a Degree Symbol ???

Hello;

I didn't see any current postings for SK so I decided to post this question.

I'm modifying my favorite Widget which is the Sleek Monitor. One of the things it monitors is my CPU temp. I also have the max temp posted so I can see the range. Here's the question: How do I insert the degree symbol into some text within a theme?

With Sensors, I can grep the actual CPU temp, but on the same line, the max temp is not dynamic so I'm unable to grep it.

Code:
    CPU Temp (AMD):  +25.0°C (high = +80.0°C, hyst = +75.0°C)
    No problem really, I decided to just type in the max temp below the actual CPU temp.

Code:
    text x=5 y=170 value="CPU Max Temp:"
    text x=166 y=170 value="+185.0 F"
    Now, how do I add the degree symbol to "+185.0 F" ?

I realize this is a very minor issue, but it bothers me not to have it and it's been bothering me for months. Thanks.

SOLVED: Thanks to all who answered. The advice worked. From Open Office Word, I simply typed in the temp and inserted the degree symbol then copied it into the Superkaramba text file. Thanks again to all who replied.

Attached Files
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Re: Modifying SuperKaramba themes -- How Can I Display a Degree Symbol

I haven't worked on SuperKaramba themes, if I am understanding it correctly, "+185.0 F" is just a string and you want to add degree symbol to it, right?

If that is the case just open any office software (abi word, koffice etc.) and goto Insert -> Symbol, enter degree symbol from there, copy it and paste it in your text. Here is the updated version:

Code:
    text x=5 y=170 value="CPU Max Temp:"
    text x=166 y=170 value="+185.0° F"

Comment

Originally posted by aqeeliz
      If that is the case just open any office software (abi word, koffice etc.) and goto Insert -> Symbol, enter degree symbol from there, copy it and paste it in your text. Here is the updated version:
      This will certainly work, and there are a number of other ways to type the degree symbol:

1. Just copy paste form existing text (You could copypaste straight from your post on these forums, for example)
      2. You can use a charmap program (like kcharselect) to copy special characters
      3. If you have a 'Compose' key set in your layout (settings available in SystemSettings>Regional&Language>KeyboardLayout), you can use 'Compose+o+o' (Hold Compose and press 'o' twice) to type '°'
      4. Some (many international) keyboard layouts have degree symbol available as a 3rd or 4th level symbol. (IIRC, in us(international) layout degree can be typed with 'Shift+AltGr+;' but this varies a bit with the layout chosen)

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle
        3. If you have a 'Compose' key set in your layout (settings available in SystemSettings>Regional&Language>KeyboardLayout), you can use 'Compose+o+o' (Hold Compose and press 'o' twice) to type '°'
        Where is this 'Compose' key?
        Attached Files
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
          Originally posted by kubicle
          Where is this 'Compose' key?
          You can find the setting in the 'Advanced' tab, see the screenshot here under 'KDE SC 4.x configuration'

(for available compose key combinations, you can read /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose...in the document 'Compose' is referred to as 'Multi-key')

Comment

Duh! :P Oh well. That's what I get for reading the information provided 'literally' and not exploring further.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X