Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old (linux) Loki Railroad Tycoon II Gold Edition working on 64-bit Karmic!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old (linux) Loki Railroad Tycoon II Gold Edition working on 64-bit Karmic!

I'm not looking for help - but in case anyone else is a fan of old Loki games - I just got Railroad Tycoon II - Gold Edition installed and patched and working on my Karmic 64 bit install. If anyone else is interested - let me know...

Please Read Me

Re: I got my old Loki Railroad Tycoon II Gold Edition working on 64 bit Karmic!

please post your results in the wine appdb
    wine's app db
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: I got my old Loki Railroad Tycoon II Gold Edition working on 64 bit Karmic!

Sorry I should have said the linux version.

Please Read Me

Comment

Re: Old (linux) Loki Railroad Tycoon II Gold Edition working on 64-bit Karmic!

oh well in that case then don't report it to the wine appdb... lol :P
        i've got a copy of quake (or is it quake II) for linux i used to sell @ my computer store. i wonder if it works on kubuntu ...
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yeah Im interested I loved railroad tycoon, I didnt know there was a linux version. Is it still under copyright ie do I have to pay to get a copy?

Comment

I don't know - but if you can find out (and show me ) I'll send you a copy assuming it's legal to do so. The disk isn't copy protected but it does have a serial # on the case. I have the Gold Edition which includes "The 2nd Century" scenerios. It has a 1999 Copyright by "Gathering of Developers" and "Linux version by Loki Entertainment Software". I used to play the original version of Railroad Tycoon on my Apple IIc

You can still buy a copy on Amazon Railroad Tycoon 2: Gold Edition

I also have all the Loki software updates and patches for all Loki games - they are on the internet but occasionally tough to find.

Please Read Me

Comment

actually now I recall it was transport tycoon that I preferred, did they do a version of that one as well?

Comment

Nope - here's a list of what Loki was shipping at the time they fell...

http://www.lokigames.com/products/

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by katoiam
                  actually now I recall it was transport tycoon that I preferred, did they do a version of that one as well?
                  Have you tried OpenTTD? It's in the repos.
                  Registered Linux user #481882

Comment

Working...
                  X