X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webdav access in KDE

Dear All,

My name is Valerio from Switzerland. I have a problem setting up Network Folders withKD, both with 4.3 and 4.4 I have a MobileMe account with Apple and I am trying to mount the iDisk, for which WebDav access is available, with Dolphin and Konqueror.

I have to say that I tried to mount the iDisk both in GNOME Ubuntu (using "Connect to server") and with the command line (editing fstab and using the dav2 package). In both cases it succeeded, so I think it is a Kubuntu issue.

Basically, if I use this URL in konqueror:

webdavs://<username>@idisk.mac.com:443/<username>

it tells me:

www.me.com contacted. Waiting for reply..

After a while, it times out and says:

The requested operation could not be completed. File or Folder does not exists.

However, as I said, I can use this with Gnome or mounting from the command line. The only remarkable thing is that the username contains a dot, I don't know if this is causing a problem.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before. I googled the forum. I only found one thread that could be related to this, but no solution was offered.

For now I am mounting the iDisk from the command line

Thank you for your help

Valerio

Valerio

Re: webdav access in KDE

webavs://<username>@idisk.mac.com:443/<username>
    Have you tried:
    webdavs://<username>@idisk.mac.com:443/<username>/
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Sorry for the delay in answering...

Yes I tried that, and it is still not working. Could something be broken in the webdav support in KDE 4.4? It worked months ago in 4.2.

The same problem also happens with the Lucid alpha

Thanks for your help

Valerio

Comment

Hmm, no one else has this problem?

Does anyone know if other webdav services work or not? Has anyone tried. In other words, is the webdav support broken in KDE 4.4 or just support for Apple's MobileMe?

Also, does anyone know if there is a connection log file that I can analyze?

I would report this as a bug in ubuntu but it seems that the bug reporting is buggy at the moment... :-)

Valerio

Comment

Originally posted by valmar
          Does anyone know if other webdav services work or not? Has anyone tried. In other words, is the webdav support broken in KDE 4.4 or just support for Apple's MobileMe?
          I have two webdav folders (from my university and gmx.de), and I can access both without any problem using konqueror with KDE 4.4.1.
          However, I just tried
          Code:
           webdavs://idisk.mac.com
          (which is the format used in both of my accounts) and it shows the behavior you described, as well. Maybe apple has changed something?

Edit: Same thing in dolphin.

Comment

Thanks, good to know.

I will contact apple about this!

The strange thing is that in gnome works. I think there is a redirection from idisk.me.com to something else that is not handled correctly. I read somewhere about this kind of bug in the webdav kde implementation.

Valerio

Comment

Dear All,
              i confirm. There seems to be a redirection. Konqueror says:

please note the Additional Information

Valerio

Details of the Request:
              URL: webdavs://idisk.mac.com/valerio.mariani
              Protocol: webdavs
              Date and Time: Monday 15 March 2010 06:45 pm
              Additional Information: webdav://www.me.com/idisk/
              Description:
              The specified file or folder /valerio.mariani does not exist.

Comment

Also, if I wait long enough with Konqueror on the "waiting for reply" answer, I get an error in the notification area: SSL Negotiation failed

Comment

Working...
                X