X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact address book question

Hi There,

After I upgarded my Kontact to version 4.4.1 that comes along with Karmic, my old address book got overwritten and now i'm experiencing problems adding my contacts to a new address book. I got a "Personal Contacts" address book setup under "Contacts". And when i right click on an email address and select "Add to Address Book", a dialog pops up saying "select the address book new contacts shall be saved in" but there's nothing to choose from... What the heck...? How am I getting this back in order?
    Thanks!
    roN

http://www.inetgate.biz

Re: Kontact address book question

Good question, I'm not sure I can answer it.

From what I understand Kontact is in transition, some parts have started using the Akonadi server and some have not. From my perspective the whole thing seems a bit rough around the edges.

After I upgraded my address book was using the file 'std.vcf', however I soon realised this was out-of-date because I was able to call up contact e-mail addresses in KMail that weren't in my address book! Here's the fix I used:

- right-click the akonaditray and select Configuration
    - in the Akonadi_Resources Configuration make sure you have the correct Personal Contacts resource added
    - make sure this is the address book being used in Kontact

This might be a good place to start your investigation.
    Kubuntu 20.04(AMD64)/KDE 5

Comment

Working...
    X