Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working...

Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working. All else is working just fine, but it appears Kopete is not connecting.

Here is what I have done thus far with the same end results:
    -uninstalled and then re-installed
    -previously, I had Kopete using Wallet Manager. Wallet manager came up and I selected "Always Allow". Still nothing.
    -removed/deleted Kopete from Wallet Manager, same results.

I have looked for the Kopete files in the file system, but could only find: usr/bin/kopete but nothing else.

Suggestions?

thanks in advance...

Re: Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working...

Try this

open the home directory with dolphin.

Select /view/show hidden files

navigate to home/.kde/share/apps and you should see a kopete file in there. Rename it (don't delete it). Then try to launch kopete again.

HTH

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working...

Big Smiles !!! Perfect! I marked this thread SOLVED!

A side question... If one finds a problem with another application, will renaming a folder like you suggested work for that?

thank you!

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Upgraded laptop from 8.04 to 9.10, now Kopete is not working...

It may well do. As programs are updated/upgraded, there can be subtle changes to their configuration, and whilst in most cases you can simply upgrade and run, you may sometimes have to allow the new program to setup its own (new) config files.

So if you get similar issues this should probably be your first port of call. Once the program runs, any necessary user data within the old files can generally be copied over.

Glad you are up and running

Comment

Working...
        X