This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FIXED] K3B CD ripping issue

I'm having a problem with K3B in Karmic. I have LAME installed and it is interfacing with K3B. My problem is that when I try to rip a CD in mp3 format to my computer, although the rip will be successful (it will complete, won't freeze, mp3 tags are correct), when I go to play it in Amarok, all of the tracks are only loud static. Sometimes I can hear faint traces of the song underneath the static. I searched but found nothing on this particular problem, and I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas on what to do.

An hardware information I can provide as necessary.

K3B worked fine in Jaunty, but when I upgraded to Karmic, this problem began.

Re: K3B CD ripping issue

Did you follow the guidance here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683

to get all the multimedia codecs? If not, you might want to do that, and then post back if it's still not working.

Comment

Tried to do that, and now it seems like my package list is all screwed up - inaccessible or missing. I started another thread about it, and once that's taken care of, I'll have to return to this topic.

Comment

All right, everything is good in the package department. However, it was trying to apply all of those codec upadates that triggered the screwups, so I won't try those again without more knowledge on how to do it and not trigger the same error.

On another note, I don't think that it's a codec issue. K3B worked just fine in 9.04. Since I upgraded to 9.10, the mp3s will rip, and they will show up tagged and everything once I rip them, but they will be nothing but static with occasional snippets of the songs heard underneath the static.

Also, when I open K3B, it seems to hang - It'll open and operate, but the cursor will continually spin, indicating there's still something going on. I'll research some threads and see if I can figure that out. In the meantime, any ideas are welcome.

Comment

Well...no idea what happened, but I just ripped a CD successfully. I unchecked the box that presents the option to invert the byte order if incoming data in the LAME control panel. Well...that takes care of that!

Comment

Working...
          X