This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem updating to KDE SC 4.4

Hey all, im having trouble updating to the new kde version, even i did a clean install and update as i found in some sites but i get the same issue, the bottom panel and some plasmoids just duplicated as you can see in the attachment.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files
    * ITW Servicios: Desarrollo Web - Colombia - Web Development<br />* Blog de tecnología - Tech Blog<br />* OMG a bear is writing

Re: Problem updating to KDE SC 4.4

I had the same problem. I just right clicked the bottom panel and removed it, so only one was left. I also did the same thing with the folder view on the desktop. After that they never came back.

Comment

A known problem in the upgrade, and the 'fix' is as posted by wba072.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So I do have the option of upgrading KDE from 4.3.2 to 4.4? What are the benefits and how do I do the upgrade?

I enter repository information, ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports, and start the software update search. It comes up with 73 updates, but 56 blocked updates. Does this mean that this is not a good thing to continue with?

Comment

Originally posted by DAB4970
          I enter repository information, ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports, and start the software update search. It comes up with 73 updates, but 56 blocked updates. Does this mean that this is not a good thing to continue with?
          kpackagekit is still a work in progress

Upgrade from the command line instead
          Code:
          sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Comment

Working...
          X