This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xsession-errors file

HowTo disable permanently xsession-errors logging? is there a system wide config disabling this disk-DoSer ?

It seems to me that with new 4.4 KDE it grows with a speed of 1M per minute, I wish to disable it, but do not know how....
    Help!

Re: xsession-errors file

1) I would check the xsession-errors (what is filling it) and try to fix it.

2) But if the #1 is not successful - Ways to disable the xsession-errors:

> Disable ~/.xsession-errors by default?:
    ...One proposal to solve this is to edit /etc/X11/Xsession to not create
    the file. A problem with this approach is that it give upgrade
    problems when a new version of the file is provided in an upgraded
    package. It also make it impossible to get the xsession errors when
    needed.

I gave the problem some thought this morning, and a better idea seem
    to me to provide a Xsession.d fragment to do this instead...
    > .xsession-error log - disable ?
    i made a small script and put it into the startup apps, it seems xinit does not create a new xsession-errors log once it has been erased at session startup...
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: xsession-errors file

Originally posted by Rog131
      1) I would check the xsession-errors (what is filling it) and try to fix it.

2) But if the #1 is not successful - Ways to disable the xsession-errors:
      Thanks! This looks like a custom solution, i changed Xsession.d apropriately, but indeed there are so many debug msgs from KDE - kopete, kio plugins, widgets, plasma - all of them just waste free disk space, because none of them sends to this file about errors. mostly about debug log.

I suppose there in kde (or kdm, or kdmrc) should be an option to limit log level for such kind of output.

For example, new kopete from KDE 4.4 enabled by default "Ping skype" option, to establish a connectivity with skype API, and then every 5 sec posts messages about "ping-pong", this caused exaustive grow of xsession-errors, but really "ping-pong" message is not an error!

Comment

Working...
      X