This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Amarok 2.3 bata

Has anyone had success installing this version? I've done what the Amarok web-site says to do but I still don't see it in the add remove programs or Synaptic Manager. Thank you in advance.
    Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Re: Installing Amarok 2.3 bata

Have you tried updating the package list?

Comment

Yes and it still does not show up.
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

you added this source?
        http://www.kubuntu.org/news/amarok-2.3-beta

and then

Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        ?

and it shows up as 2.2.2.90

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thank you Vinnywright, that worked. I add what amarok.kde.org said to add. I knew something must have been missing.

Comment

in case you hadent notesed yet the EQ is back

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I had the EQ with the last version!! I do have one, maybe dumb question. Where is the stop button

BTW: This version hasn't locked up yet either!!!

Comment

There is no Stop-button in 2.3. Just hit the Pause-button
                Most important laptop specs (this is my main computer, with Kubuntu on it):<br /><br />4096MB RAM (DDR2)<br />500GB Hard Disk<br />ATI Mobility Radeon 4570HD Videocard with 512MB GDDR3 RAM, up to 2280MB VRAM<br />Intel® Core™ 2 Duo-processor T6600<br /><br />OS: Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Ok. I was using 2.3 fine, the next and previous were working great, then switched to slim toolbar and that shows all the buttons even the stop button but when I use the next and previous buttons on the slim bar Amarok crashes!! Just like it did in 2.2. How on earth could just a button cause this? Strange.

Comment

Working...
                  X