X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xorg problem - computer is very slow

Hello!

My computer is very slow. Xorg uses 300 MB Ram and up to 50 % CPU (that means one core of my dual-core). This also happens when only some windows are shown without activity. There is no animation or desktop effect.
    The problem accured after my update to KDE 4.4. I made some experiments removing and installing packages. So I might have made a mistake.
    Can anybody help me, please.

Greetings,
    Oliver.

Re: Xorg problem - computer is very slow

I had a similar issue, I removed the plasmoids that were displaying CPU load and stuff like that, and my computer flies again.
    The point is that those kind of plasmoids are loading the CPU themselves and make the computer enter a closed loop for CPU loading.

Comment

Hi!

Thank you for your answer. I don't have such plasmoids running. There has to be another problem, but which?

Greetings,
      Oliver.

Comment

Hi!

Another thread in this mailinglist helped me a little bit: I removed .kde/share/apps/plasma and .kde/share/config/plasma*
        Now my computer is a bit faster but not as fast as it has been with kde 4.3.5. Unfortunately "System Settings > Destop" crashes now.

Can anybody help me?

Greetings,
        Oliver.

Comment

Working...
        X