Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

skype and bluetooth. audio but mic causes a crash.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skype and bluetooth. audio but mic causes a crash.

Not sure whether to post this in software or hardware so I'll start here. I'm running Kubuntu 9.10, Skype 2.1.0.81, and Blueman 1.21. With a Plantronics Explorer 220 bluetooth headset and a generic bluetooth usb dongle. I finally got it all to play together, just not as nicely as I'd like. The audio works very good, above my expectations. When I try a call I can here perfectly but as soon as I say anything into the mic on my headset Skype crashes with no error message. When i run Skype in a terminal the only feedback i get is 'segmentation fault', if I get that. I can let the call stay connected forever it seems like but as soon as I have any input to the mic Skype crashes. Anyone else had this problem? Is there a way to get more feedback other than running in terminal? I'm a bit new to Kubuntu, not quite so new to Linux so to say, I've dappled with it for a while but always come up with a reason to switch back to the unmentionable money pit. I'm hoping this can be worked out as its the only thing stopping me this time. Thanks in advance

Re: skype and bluetooth. audio but mic causes a crash.

Hi

I would probably start by getting latest alsa, as discussed here:
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3108441.0

If that doesn't help, I would get latest Pulse Audio as discussed in that same thread.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Ok will try that, thanks

Comment

Ok maybe i need walked through this, i tried the alsa and still the same thing. i didnt want to try the pulse until some more feedback. i can set the mic on skype to anything but bluetooth and it doesnt crash, but as soon as theres anything said into the mic skype crashes. should i go ahead and try pulse? no one else has had this problem?

Comment

I have this exact issue as well. Did you resolve it? The bluetooth works great for audio, but as soon as I speak into the mic I get "Segmentation fault". Not sure where the seg fault is coming from either.

Comment

Working...
          X