This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virtual desktop layout resets with logout and or boot

I recently installed kde to give it an honest try. I have a problem with the pager and the virtual desktops.

When I used gnome i was able to use the pager to set the number of desktops and their layout and then delete it from the panel. With KDE, however, if I delete the pager from the panel then when I log out/in or restart the desktops are all laid out in a square. Is there any way to keep the virtual desktop layout (number or rows / columns) as I want it, or to set it really, without keeping the pager on the panel? Is there a file I can edit manually to lay out my virtual desktops?

Re: virtual desktop layout resets with logout and or boot

I must assume a little here, so forgive me. I assume you have already set up your virtual desktops for separate tasks. You can change desktops by rolling a wheel on a mouse or if your cursor is on the desktop by scrolling on a touchpad. You don't specifically need to have the Pager in the panel, it is one of several ways to change desktops. Another would be to put a different application in each desktop and switch by using the task bar and clicking on the icons for the applications. I believe there is a setting to make them side by side, but, I never used it and I am not sure where to look, maybe in Desktop settings in your system settings?
    Robert Collard, Springfield, IL<br />Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16Ghz<br />Xubuntu 9.10 x86_64

Comment

Working...
    X