Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLV] Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus. Upgrade Kde 4.3.5 to 4.4

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLV] Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus. Upgrade Kde 4.3.5 to 4.4

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Akonadi server after upgrading KDE 4.3.5 to 4.4. It says "Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus". What do I have to do in order to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Re: Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus. Upgrade Kde 4.3.5 to 4.4

there were two things you can do. Hold on let me get the page.

Comment

I had this problem and it has something to do with the default apparmor profile. Follow the instructions in the thread below.

http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#Apparmor

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28336

Comment

Thanks BigCityCat for your help!!!

I solved part of the problem modifing the file mysql.conf in ~/.local/share/akonadi. I uncommented the line "sql_mode=strict_trans_tables" and now, my problem is the following:

Test 4: ERROR
        --------

MySQL server log contains errors.
        Details: The MySQL server error log file &apos;<a href='/home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err'>/home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err</a>&apos; contains errors.

File content of '/home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/mysql.err':
        100212 20:21:22 [Note] Plugin 'FEDERATED' is disabled.
        100212 20:21:28 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 121631
        100212 20:21:28 [Warning] Can't open and lock time zone table: Table 'mysql.time_zone_leap_second' doesn't exist trying to live without them
        100212 20:21:28 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
        100212 20:21:28 [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.db
        100212 20:21:28 [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.user
        100212 20:21:28 [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.event
        100212 20:21:28 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables.
        100212 20:21:28 [Note] /usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi: ready for connections.
        Version: '5.1.37-1ubuntu5-log' socket: '/home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket' port: 0 (Ubuntu)

Any idea?

Comment

Hello everybody!!

With the last kubuntu upgrade (02/26/2010) the problem was solved.

Thanks Kubuntu team!!!

Comment

Re: [SOLV] Akonadi control process not registered at D-Bus. Upgrade Kde 4.3.5 to 4.4

For weeks now I have been putting up with Akonadi errors and I did all that was suggested for it at the KDE site to no avail. I have all the updates and I am on a 64B system. I saw what you suggested, ie

"I solved part of the problem modifing the file mysql.conf in ~/.local/share/akonadi. I uncommented the line "sql_mode=strict_trans_tables" and now, . . . ."

On my system that line was already uncommented, so I did the opposite, ie commented that line and now things work and Akonadi does not generate errors. This now lets me use Kontact and see my contacts list

NoWorries

Comment

Working...
            X