X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [User Fix] User Management broken - KDE 4.4.0

Originally posted by exploder
    The User Management bug appears to have been fixed by an update. I installed KDE 4.4 on my Intel system yesterday and discovered this.
    Which package and ppa? just made an update and I don't see any fixes
    ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Which package and ppa? just made an update and I don't see any fixes Huh
      I am not certain what update fixed this, there were 32 updates after I got the Intel system loaded up and I did not have to manually fix User Management on this system. It could just be the timing for when I did the installs on these two systems.

Comment

One needs to be a bit clearer on this, as I'm guessing that it's only on the 64-bit systems, as I haven't seen any such fix come down on my 32-bit OS.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog, yes I am running 64 bit. I would have thought this would have been fixed in 32 bit at the same time, so I guess for now this fix still applies.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuku
            The User Management bug appears to have been fixed by an update. I installed KDE 4.4 on my Intel system yesterday and discovered this.
            Which package and ppa? just made an update and I don't see any fixes
            Mine, too! I am running the Kubunty 10.4 Lucid Lynx beta (and it's working great!)

BTW, I just tried to kill a bug waking around on my display panel!
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Snowhog, yes I am running 64 bit. I would have thought this would have been fixed in 32 bit at the same time, so I guess for now this fix still applies.
              Thanks for your confirmation. Yes, 32 bit system still needs this fix!

Originally posted by GreyGeek
              BTW, I just tried to kill a bug waking around on my display panel!
              lol
              ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

It was fixed in 4.4.1. (I opened the file and checked it out to be sure of this.)
                Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
                Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
                Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
                Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
                X