• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twinview Issue After Upgrade

well
    yesterday i upgraded kubuntu
    it upgraded kde to 4.4 and the kernel to 2.6.31.19
    installed the NVIDIA driver again (185.18.14, newer drivers breaks twinview completely(even prior upgrade))
    after the upgrade i couldn't see my mouse pointer but it worked cause when i moved it and clicked the buttons i could see it works and i just couldnt see it.
    i tried to fix it and i than realized that it didnt finish upgrade, so i apt-get upgrade again.
    after that my mouse got back.
    but now i have a different problem
    my twinview setup broke..
    if i set twinview from the nvidia-setting tool its working but the second screen (tv) screen is black, no plasma desktop on the second screen, i can only drag windows to it but no maximize, no panel no nothing, if i right click nothing happens, and i cant put plasmoids on it.
    primary screen is fine..

today i tried to change some xorg.conf settings
    and i found out that it works perfect if i set it to twinview in xorg.conf
    i dont want this option turned on when im just starting my pc (the second screen is my tv)
    i tried to set twinview to clone in xorg.conf and the clone is working fine but when i set it to side by side in nvidia-settings i have the same problem as i mentioned before with no plasma desktop working on the second screen and i cant maximize (i want to see movies on the tv)

now i have no option but to leave it twinview from the start.

this issue wasn't present before the upgrade, i dont know if its the kernel or the new kde, i guess its the kde upgrade, please help
Working...
X